Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Unexpected And The Unknown


Isn't he cute? That's Mason, my cousin's little boy, and I absolutely love him! He's such a cool kid, and he is one person I really miss. It's one of those situations where I wish I could really be in his life, but I guess I'm just not meant to be for this time. He's so cute! I just had to share this picture.

Update:

The last two weeks have been so incredibly busy and overwhelming, but I continue to grow and be challenged and fail through it all. In the last two weeks I've had volleyball or a meeting everyday after school, which doesn't allow for a lot of time to plan and get things accomplished at school. So I take work home and often leave it in my bag. I'm starting to get into a routine and hopefully that will help with the stress. I already feel like my load is lighter because last week has passed. We had open house last Friday and I also shared at chapel. I'm going to be leading a girls small group on Tuesdays during lunch. There is one student I'm really hoping to encourage through it all and I would love to see her develop a deeper relationship with the Father. That will be at 12:00 (midnight for all you Americans) if you feel like lifting it up. It'll be happening every week.

My best friend from college is having a baby!! I'm so excited for her and feel that it is worthy of a mention in my blog. It's the closest thing to me being an auntie. Blast being an only child! I get to go visit Zack in October, and I couldn't be more excited. We have a week holiday in October and the first part of the week we have a retreat for our school staff, but the last part is me on my way to Chengdu. I'm going to ride on a scooter around China; what could be more fun?

I've started playing the piano again. Not every day, but at least a couple of times a week. I'm hoping to get back into it. I don't really have any music, but my roommate has a hymnal and she lets me use it. I love it and it brings peace to my soul...along with Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes he is a cutie but not as much as my daughter! I am sure you will have a big influence on these girls lives. I have seen you grow into a beautiful young woman.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I got a shout out in Aunt Kira's blog! We are thinking about naming it Kira, be he a man or a woman. But not after you, just because we really like that movie Xanadu.