Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rainy Day Sunday

Seeing as how my last post was in April, there is a lot to be caught up on. I'll start with the recent and work my way back. I am back in China for 2 more years and I'm loving it. I have a great class this year with 15 students as of last Friday; 10 girls and 5 boys. It's actually a great mix and I'm anticpating a gret year. Most of my students are Korean, but I have a few westerners thrown in to balance things out. I'm also co-coaching the girls varsity volleyball team this year. We'll be starting practices this week, which I'm super excited about. I played volleyball with some other teachers last week and boy am I sore. It was great to be back on the court, even though it's causing me pain.

I had a great summer. I was back in the states for two weeks and was able to see friends and spend time with family. I painted the outside of my grandmother's house and that a task. It took me four days to paint, but I think it really took me a month do find four days to do it. I also made a trip to Tennessee and fell in love. Well I think the past 6 months were leading up to me falling in love, but then in July I fell. Zack is what you might call the shizzle. I don't think I've ever felt more comfortable with someone, nor have I ever been around someone that can make me laugh as much as he does. I am continually impressed by who he is and how he lives. He loves the Lord and has such a desire to grow. He challenges me through conversations and I think sometimes he doesn't even realize he's doing it. He knows me and understands me like most people don't, or he pretends to. Ha. He's very real and genuine and I love that about him. And he moved to China, so that's pretty great. Even if we aren't in the same city, we are in the same time zone. The Lord is faithful.

My dad has his own apartment now. He's doing pretty well on his own and has a lot of help from nurses and other organizations. He's liking it, but it is challenging for him as well. That is another area the Lord has proven to be so faithful in. He has totally been taking care of my dad and providing all these things that never could have come from me. He's is such a good God.

The Olympics have been great to watch. Hopefully you all are having the oporutnity to keep up with them. I may get the chance to go to the Olympic Center here in Qingdao next weekend. If I go I'll make sure to post pictures. That's about all I've got for now.

Kira

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 weeks? I thought it was 2 months? You really need more rest! Love ya.

Anonymous said...

alas, Jude is still in my belly. his official due date is the 24th...next sunday. i can't believe how anxious i am and how much i hope he comes right now. good luck on your vball season. it was great meeting zack!

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog. Read your facebook message! now!