Monday, June 04, 2007

Meet Brandon




Here you will find me (on the left) and Brandon. He is now heading to 6th grade, but was a student this year in my class. Brandon has the ability to make many people laugh. I would love to share more about Brandon, but a post is probably not the best way to do it. So if you ever see me again in life, you can ask me about him and I'll fill you in. He's a barrel of fun and a constant in my interceding.
Today I began my "intensive" chinese lessons. I'm really excited, but hoping that my chinese teacher refrains from bringing any more food for me to try. I really came close to being sick today, but I'll spare you from the details. I then continued packing my room and getting ready for the 'move'. My school is moving to a new location and I'm ultra excited about that. Although I will be loosing the ocean view, it's an exciting time and I'm looking forward to the refreshment of a new place. I'm learning that I sometimes thrive off of new beginnings. I'm not sure why that is, but they also seem to make me happy. I know they are at times scary, but I think I like the adventure in it.
Well wode pengyou (my friends) that's all for today. I hope this week will be relaxing and full of fun surprises.
Zai Jian.

7 comments:

Going Weston said...

So here's the real question...how do you get over this feeling that if I leave for a year, I'm going to miss out on so much stuff, and when I'm come back things will be so different and I wont have a place there...?

Going Weston said...

hmmm, good response. Some of my friends who have left the area for a while said they come back and feel really strange hearing about all the things they missed. But the good part is my friends and I picked up right where we left off. I mean, I could make a career out of visiting friends and going to weddings...but is that really what my life is supposed to be about? It's an old and painful paradox...making the decision that your head tells you one thing and your heart tells you another. I guess I know the answer in the end, it's just hard to make.


and that might beat the length of your response...in yo face!

Going Weston said...

okay, now that I look at it, it's not as long...sorry

Going Weston said...

well your face is about to come to terms with my fist!


When is your term there up? I'm wondering it in case I need to plan my trip around visiting your hood.

Going Weston said...

thats right...I haven't really discussed that too much with anyone. It's just a ballpark date. Although just the other day I got an offer that might make me change my mind. Oh indecisiveness...

Betsy said...

i'm just catching up on this comment section, but i just wanted to say that jacob's earlier comment wasn't half as long as kira's. the end.

Going Weston said...

thanks Betsy...I think we established that...


And no...the offer is from a friend of mine to go on a long sailing trip with him and his brothers. It's the trip of a life time, one that you wouldn't mind dying at the end of it...