Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dirty feet and 20 minutes.

I have dirty feet and 20 minutes before I have to leave to go to a dinner that I'm not entirely thrilled about. It's not that I don't want to go to the dinner, it's just that I've had a long day and I'm tired and my feet are dirty. I've been just a 'little' stressed, which translates into 'more stressed than I've ever been.' I'm not being dramatic, I feel like it's the truth. I only have 1 and 1/2 days of school left. That's exciting. And then I have a month of Chinese everyday for 2 hours. THEN Faith Couch is coming to visit for the month of July. She's pretty much one of the coolest people I know. I can't even tell you how excited I am to see someone familiar. And then she and I are travelling to India. It's going to be wonderful. BUT that's still a month away, so until then I will be on here a lot, wishing I could travel home to America this summer. I mainly miss the food. Chinese food is good, but I would love to have Wendy's or maybe a big ol' steak from Outback. I also miss driving. I just want to get in my car, with my windows down and drive for a really long time. Company is okay, so if you wanna come let me know.

Story of the day:
As we (the whole elementary school) were walking to the beach today I happened to be walking beside the kindergarten class. We had just walked by 4 women dressed in wedding dresses modeling for pictures. The kindergarten TA looked at one of the little girls and said to her, "You will be a beautiful bride when you grow up." The little kindergarten girl looked back at her TA and said, "I don't want to get married. I don't want them to cut my stomach open."

1 comment:

Going Weston said...

I'm glad that little girl knows what marriage is really about...


And I applied for an english teaching job in south korea already. They are looking for open positions for me...i'm supposed to be getting my info together and mailing it to them. I'll be leaving as soon as March 1st.


If I come to visit, you better clean them feets