Saturday, November 01, 2008

October Update

My October started with a trip to Metro and a block of cheese purchase. No, this cheese is not only mine. We divided it between four apartments, which yes is still quite a bit of cheese. I got a big kick out of how huge it was and I entertained myself with some pictures. I ended up using some of this cheese to make a homemade pizza. My roommate, Kristen, and I invited a Chinese neighbor over for pizza and a game of Uno. Of course Angel had the usual beginner's luck and won both hands. It was a fun filled evening and and encouragement to me.


At school we had bling bling day. I enjoyed participating and so did many of my students. I was surprised by some of the bling I saw. I had a west coast bling girl and I also had some princesses and such. Parent teacher conferences ended our month at school. Those always make me a little nervous, but they ended up going well. Volleyball ended this month with a sleep over and cinnamon roll making party. The girls that were able to make it had a blast as did I. I especially enjoyed eating the cinnamon rolls.


Life continues to be enjoyable and I'm thankful for that. My weekends consist of Skype dates with Zack and movie nights with the girls. I went to the theater this month and saw a movie on the big screen. It was intense, but fun to go the movies. I get to go to Hong Kong in about a month for a conference and while I'm there I'll get to see Zack. Just a little excited about that trip. There are only 6 1/2 weeks before Christmas break...which seems like no time at all. When I do these big updates I seem to forget everything that has happened throughout the month.






















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That block of cheese is as big as you. Oh wow. And my daughter trying to be good as her mama making pizza. Love ya!!

Going Weston said...

You can never have too much cheese. That's what I've always said...